Hotels to get checks done before Christmas rush
COMPLIANCE checks of North Coast licensed venues will take place next week by the Office of Liquor, Gaming & Racing (OLGR) to ensure they are complying with licence conditions and the State’s liquor and gaming laws leading up to the busy Christmas and New Year period.
OLGR Director of Compliance and Enforcement Anthony Keon said audits will focus on venue management and operating procedures.
"The Office of Liquor, Gaming & Racing (OLGR) as well as NSW Police conduct targeted inspections of licensed venues across the State to ensure they are operating responsibly and in line with community expectations," Mr Keon said.
"This includes ensuring proper management and operating procedures are in place to support responsible service of alcohol and prevent intoxication of patrons, as well as other potential harms. This is particularly important with the upcoming busy festive season.
Inspectors will be particularly focusing on:
- Responsible service of alcohol (RSA) and responsible conduct of gaming (RCG), including ensuring venue staff have proper accreditation
- Venue alcohol management practices and procedures to prevent intoxication
- Management of patron behaviour
- Targeting any identified irresponsible liquor promotions or activities; and
- Measures to prevent the sale of alcohol to under 18s.