Horror explosion at Christmas lunch

A FAMILY'S Christmas lunch has been marred by a horror explosion that burned the face, arms and legs of a 62-year-old man from Shell Cove, near Wollongong as he attempted to cook lunch.

Police and emergency services rushed to his home at 9.30am on Christmas Day after reports of a gas explosion.

He was airlifted to Concord Hospital for treatment by the specialist burns unit.

Authorities are now looking into claims the gas bottle may not have been properly connected to the barbecue.

>>Woman stabbed on her way to midnight mass



'We know who they are': Locals fed up with young criminals

'We know who they are': Locals fed up with young criminals

Ballina residents say it's time to name and shame

Universal Medicine under the spotlight

Universal Medicine under the spotlight

Northern Rivers group responds to news of investigation

Pam's 42 years at popular Chinese restaurant

Pam's 42 years at popular Chinese restaurant

Lismore "gem” says it's finally time to retire

Local Partners