Fire and Rescue NSW were called to a gas leak at a Pottsville Nursing Home
Fire and Rescue NSW were called to a gas leak at a Pottsville Nursing Home Trevor Veale

Hazmat called to Pottsville nursing home gas leak

HAZMAT responders were called to a Pottsville nursing home after a strong smell of gas was detected at the facility.

About 1am on Saturday emergency services were called to the Ballina St.

Fire and Rescue NSW including the Hazmat crew established there was a small leak in one of the LPG lines at the back of the facility, isolated the leak and repaired it.

Due to the minor nature of the leak there was no need for any evacuation.



VIDEO: Scuba diver saves 2m shark from 'terrible death'

VIDEO: Scuba diver saves 2m shark from 'terrible death'

"I fought my fear... the shark was moving violently”

Woman plucked from crumbling cliff by volunteers

Woman plucked from crumbling cliff by volunteers

"She was scared that if she moved she’d fall down the cliff face"

25 extra firefighters coming to help battle bushfire

25 extra firefighters coming to help battle bushfire

Bushfire near Casino listed as "out of control"

Local Partners