Grommets keen to take on surf
A big thanks to everyone for making the trek down to Chinamans Beach when the high tide conditions didn't look too inviting.
Competition director Biso assured us the waves would get better when the tide went out, and sure enough after a few heats we saw some fun and longer rides peeling down the bank.
We have some new keen grommets from Woombah looking to surf against other grommets from Evans Head.
If you are young, love surfing, (even if you're not good yet) and want to be involved, head down to main beach on Sunday, March 18 for a great day of surfing with a barbecue and prizes at the bowlo to finish the day.
Results for the day were:
- Micro Groms - Pacha 1st, Yani 2nd;
- Groms - Ben 1st, Jack 2nd;
- Juniors - Harry 1st, Thomas 2nd and Coen 3rd;
- Opens - Caine 1st, Brody 2nd and Mark 3rd
- Seniors - Caine 1st, Neil 2nd and Jimmy 3rd.
See you in the water next round, March 18.