Greens push for abortion law reform at Byron forum
THE topic of abortion law reform will be discussed at a community forum next Monday.
Greens NSW MP and Status of Women spokesperson Dr Mehreen Faruqi will speak at a community forum alongside local advocates to discuss the issue.
The forum is part of the Greens NSW's #end12 campaign, calling for the end of Division 12 of the NSW Crimes Act that criminalises abortion and for the enactment of protection zones around clinics.
Jointly hosted by the Greens NSW Women's Group and the Byron Greens, this event is free and open to the public.
When: Monday, November 2, 6pm for a 6.15pm start
Where: Byron Community Centre, 69 Jonson St Byron Bay
- Dr Mehreen Faruqi MLC, Greens NSW spokesperson for the Status of Women
- Kate Marsh, Public Liaison Officer, Children by Choice
- Dr Kierrynn Davis, local health professional and feminist activist
- Andrea Brooks, Community Nurse, Lismore Women's Health and Resource Centre
- Darelle Duncan, Convenor, Greens NSW Women's Working Group
The event will be facilitated by Greens MP for Ballina, Tamara Smith with a performance from local musician Ilona Harker.