Great Green Cabaret coming for MardiGrass
ONE of the feature events at MardiGrass is the Great Green Cabaret tomorrow evening at Nimbin Town Hall.
This will be an action-packed, fast-paced show with a variety of acrobats, dance ensembles, singers, musicians, poets and comedians, featuring Sassy Salsa, Barkersvale Steppers, Arte Gitana trio featuring dancer Serena Joy plus guitar maestro Mark Bromley and singer Meg Walker, as well as singers Willy McElroy (a well-known Irish singer/songwriter for the Wild Zinnias and more recently lead singer for the Immigrants), Sarah Stando and Vasudha Harte (poet, singer and keyboardist from Dinkum Bohos), comedian Nick Penn, the Pitts Family Circus, Li Pawson and trapeze artists Hartje and Mika.
The show starts at 7pm. The cost is $10 or entry with a MardiGrass wristband.
Long-time Nimbin resident and president of the Nimbin School of Arts, David Hallett, offers his not-to-be-missed events for this year’s MardiGrass:
1. Great Green Cabaret, tomorrow at Nimbin Town Hall
2. Hemp Olympix, Saturday and Sunday from noon
3. Kombi Convoy, Saturday on the Nimbin main street from 4pm
4. Nattali Rize and Bullhorn on Saturday at Nimbin Town Hall from 10pm
5. Hemposium Talks on Saturday and Sunday at Nimbin Town Hall from noon