Girl gets shocked by lightning while sheltering in loos

A 17-YEAR-OLD girl got an electric shock after taking shelter in public toilets on Charlton Esplanade, Scarness on Friday night.

A Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman said the girl was near a metal sink when she felt the shock about 7.30pm.

It is believed the shock came from a bolt of lightning hitting the ground.

He said she had tingling sensations and was taken to hospital.

The girl had taken cover in the public toilets in Scarness and was waiting for the storm to blow over.

She was taken to Hervey Bay Hospital and was in a stable condition.



The 3 towns you can't afford to live in anymore

premium_icon The 3 towns you can't afford to live in anymore

Parents are constantly worrying about debt, eviction and bills

Adorable preschoolers sing for rain to come

premium_icon Adorable preschoolers sing for rain to come

Can preschoolers end the drought with their very own rain song?

Worker dies after being trapped in water tank

Worker dies after being trapped in water tank

Emergency services were called to a property near Casino

Local Partners