Funding for community groups
THE Northern Rivers will get a $300,000 boost and 19 community-based groups in the Lismore electorate will get new infrastructure under new grants annouced by Lismore MP Thomas George.
Mr George said the groups were receiving funding through the NSW Government's $90 million Community Building Partnership program.
"Local construction jobs and businesses will benefit from the activity as community infrastructure is upgraded and constructed," Mr George said.
"While the NSW Government is getting on with the job of delivering major infrastructure projects, like the Lismore Base Hospital and Murwillumbah Hospital redevelopments, we understand important local community infrastructure benefits too."
Mr George said competition for the grants had been intense with nearly 2500 applications submitted by community groups across NSW.
The Lismore electorate groups top receive funding included:
- Nimbin Preschool and Childcare Assoc Inc, which will have solar power installed
- Lismore Thistles Soccer Club Inc, which will have its fencing upgraded
- RED (Realising Every Dream) Inc, which will install a wheelchair accessible toilet in a community facility
- Lismore Swans Australian Rules Football Club, which will receive funding for the final stage of the lighting upgrade at Mortimer Oval Rec 8
- Murwillumbah Football Club, which will have its clubhouse refurbished
- Australian Red Cross, to have a Red Cross sign installed at its tea rooms
- Lismore PCYC, which will have its hall upgraded
- Murwillumbah Showground Trust, which will get new security/safety fencing
- Lismore Men and Family Centre Inc, which will install a welding bay, dust extraction and internal fitout at the Lismore Men's Shed
- Life Education NSW Limited, which will buy a new electrical system for audio visual delivery of Life Education in the Lismore electorate
- Murwillumbah Community Men's Shed, which will renovate its workshop and roof
- Rock Valley Hall Inc, which will have its toilet facilities upgraded and its roof repaired as well as minor repairs and painting
- Goonellabah Tennis Club Inc, which will build a tennis practice wall
- Lismore City Lions Club Inc wich will have its catering caravan and BBQ trailer upgraded
- Lismore Rowing Club Inc which will build and upgrade launching facilities for boating on Wilsons River
- Kyogle P A & H Society Inc, which will get new showground fencing
- Tweed Valley Woodcrafters Association Inc, which will have its toilet upgraded
- Federal School of Arts Association Inc, which will refurbish and maintain the Federal Community Church
- Northern Rivers Conservatorium Arts Centre Inc, which will refurbishment its studios