Follow Ballina Council meeting LIVE!
BALLINA Shire Council's monthly ordinary meeting is underway at the council chambers on the corner of Cherry and Tamar Sts, Ballina.
You can follow the meeting here live while our Ballina reporter, Rebecca Lollback tweets updates from the meeting.
Some of the issues on the agenda include:
- A proposal from DIY giant Masters to rezone land at West Ballina for a new superstore.
- A report on the future of the historic timber vessels, including a raft from the Las Balsas expedition, at the Ballina Naval and Maritime Museum.
- A decision on whether the council will take over the Wardell and District War Memorial Hall.
- A review of the shire's Australia Day celebrations.
- Awarding of a tender for the design and contract administration of the new Wollongbar sports fields.