Follow the Ballina Shire Council meeting here live
BALLINA councillors have gathered today to argue out some of the shire's most important issues and you can follow the debate right here, right now.
The Northern Star's Ballina reporter is in the council chamber observing the meeting and will provide live updates via The Star's Twitter stream, which you can view here.
Among the issues expected to be raised in the council today are:
- The make-up of a project reference group that will be charged with developing a Koala Plan of Management for Ballina Shire
- The developer of Ferngrove Estate asking for a deferral of its developer contribution fees
- The awarding a multi-million dollar contract for the construction of new sports fields at Wollongbar
- A proposal to sell a parcel of beach front community land at Lennox Head to a private individual
- A motion from Cr Sue Meehan that Ballina Shire Council consider building a 25 metre indoor swimming pool to replace the one at Ballina Fair, which appears likely to close
- A motion by Cr Keith Williams that the council ask NSW Aboriginal Affairs Minister Michael Dominello help the council set up an Aboriginal reference group "that is representative of all families in the Ballina Shire"
- A motion by Cr Jeff Johnson calling for Ballina Shire Council to declare the shire "CSG free"