AN appeal is being considered against the sentence of Malcolm Joseph Harris, who had never held a licence when he crashed and killed Shaun Zagar and his children Kaleb and Zara at Dyraaba in June last year.
Andrew Zagar, Shaun's father, is very hopeful the eight-year concurrent sentence, which could see Harris released on parole by March 2016, will be appealed after he met with the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions on Monday.
"I asked them some questions and told them I was very annoyed at the sentence and so is everyone else," Mr Zagar said.
"Everything's proceeding. They've got a stack of information ready to give to the director.
"I asked if Harris ever held a licence and they told me he never, ever has. He should've been barred and kept off the road for life. This shouldn't have happened."
Mr Zagar believes Harris's early guilty plea meant he knowingly dodged questioning that may have led to a much harsher sentence.
He has called for public assistance and people can sign a petition by visiting http://www.communityrun.org and searching for Zagar.