Fashion and food in MIX
FOLLOWING a total refit, Coles Gympie is now a one-stop shop for all your needs, with much of the store incorporating a clothing and accessories department.
Coles is the first supermarket chain in Australia to bring fashion to the grocery aisles - launching an exclusive collection of clothing and accessories to be sold in selected Queensland stores.
Gympie is one of 15 stores to stock the range, which was launched in Victoria last month. It joined a total of 52 Coles stores across Australia to offer the MIX collection.
Coles marketing manager for MIX Beverley Johnson said the company continued to be leaders in the market by bringing the modern, budget-safe clothing concept to Australian consumers.
"MIX fashion caters for every customer; from young mums and their families and working men and women looking for quality and stylish everyday fashion in a location visited by most every week - the supermarket," she said.
"Fresh, affordable, and stylish - the future of casual clothing is MIX, exclusively available at Coles.
"Coles has been working closely with a New York based design team to ensure that all the MIX pieces are on trend and affordable. It is so exciting to be now launching MIX in Queensland."
Coles general manager for Queensland, Mark Scates said shopping for the MIX collection was simple and convenient, as the collections would be housed in spacious 'store within store' sections.
"Customers will find that the majority of pieces are priced under $25, ensuring that MIX is the stylish option that will not hurt the hip pocket," he said.
The fashion lines will be refreshed every two weeks throughout the season, bringing a fresh 'mix' of block colours, neutral shades, prints and stripes, and accessories including beachwear.
"This means regular shoppers can be seasonally stylish and budget savvy," Ms Johnson said.
"With MIX, Coles has created the perfect recipe for fast, affordable, everyday fashion."
MIX is available exclusively at Coles, with plans to expand stockists in 2012.
COLES FAST FACTS
- The company can trace its origins to the founders of Australia's retail industry
- Founder George Coles travelled to the United States to study best practices in retailing in the early 1900s
- In 1914 he opened the first Coles Variety store in Smith St, Collingwood, Melbourne
- Coles Variety stores became famous for their slogan "Nothing over 2/6" and were regarded as leaders in providing value to the shoppers of Australia
- In 1960, the company opened its first supermarket in North Balwyn, Victoria
- By 1973, Coles achieved its aim of establishing a supermarket in every Australian capital city
- Today, Coles is a leader in Australian food retailing, with more than 100,000 employees and over 11 million customer transactions a week
- Coles is owned by Wesfarmers Ltd