Eight things to pass the time in a traffic jam
FRUSTRATED motorists have been banked up in traffic for almost 2km on the Bruxner Hwy at Goonellabah today for extended periods.
Drivers were lined up back to the Kadina roundabout due to roadwork being done by Roads and Maritime Services near the Pineapple Rd roundabout.
Here at The Northern Star, we’ve been watching the traffic jam from our Goonellabah office, so we thought we’d come up with some things that you can do to pass the time while your stuck in your car:
1. Re-apply your make-up: If you like to always look your best, why not whip out your compact and powder your nose.
2. Play eye-spy: If there are kids in the car, you can’t go past a game of eye-spy, a sure-fire hit with children.
3. Change your clock: Daylight saving is over for another year, so if you forgot to wind your watch back, or change the time in your car, this is the perfect opportunity.
4. Plan what’s for dinner: Have your family salivating with a gourmet meal you’re ready to cook when you get home.
5. Sing: Wind up the windows, turn the air conditioning on to a comfortable temperature, crank up your favourite song and sing at the top of your lungs.
6. Pick your nose: As you are stationary, this is the perfect, safe time, to do some personal grooming like picking your nose or flossing your teeth.
7. Get your shovel out: If you’re feeling particularly energetic, you could get a shovel from your car and go and help the road workers.
8. Car karaoke: This is singing on another level for drivers with passengers. Pass the time by belting out your favourite songs while your passengers judge the winner.