Early intervention funding for local community groups
FAMILIES and children have come out the winners thanks to funding from the NSW Government.
As part of the government's $233m commitment to address issues in families which put children at risk of harm, the local electorates of Lismore and Clarence have received $9.1m to go to local services for children, young people, families and communities.
Services will receive an extension funding until mid-2017 for targeted earlier intervention and intensive programs.
"Extending funding to mid-2017 will provide certainty for our community partners that provide important services like case management, parenting programs and domestic violence support," Lismore MP, Thomas George said.
The Lismore electorate has received $2.9m and the Clarence electorate, taking in the Richmond Valley communities received $6.2m.
Services supported include -
- Family Support Network Inc
- Kyogle Family Support Service Inc
- Kyogle Youth Action
- Lismore City Council
- Lismore Neighbourhood Centre Inc
- Men & Family Centre Inc
- Murwillumbah Community Centre
- Ngallingnee Jarjum Tabulam & District Community Preschool Inc
- Nimbin Neighbourhood & Information Centre
- Northern NSW Local Health District
- Northern Rivers Social Development Council
- Rekindling the Spirit Ltd
- Tenterfield Social Development Committee
- YWCA NSW
- Mid Richmond Neighbourhood Centre Inc.
- Casino Neighbourhood Centre Inc.
- Jumbunna Community Preschool