DRYER FIRE: Fire & Rescue NSW crews from Tweed Heads are warning residents to clean lint filters after a property was damaged when a dryer caught fire on Sunday. Photo: FRNSW
DRYER FIRE: Fire & Rescue NSW crews from Tweed Heads are warning residents to clean lint filters after a property was damaged when a dryer caught fire on Sunday. Photo: FRNSW

Dryer catches on fire at Northern Rivers unit

A RESIDENT learned an expensive lesson about cleaning lint filters when their dryer caught fire on Sunday afternoon.

Around 5.38pm crews from Fire & Rescue Tweed Heads Fire Station were called to a unit fire on Binya Ave.

After FRNSW crews gained entry, they used a thermal imaging camera quickly found a clothes dryer on fire.

Crews extinguished the fire quickly and rendered the incident safe.

FRNSW Acting Superintendent Scott Dodson said this is a timely reminder for everyone to be aware of the fire hazards of your dryer.

“Clean your lint filter before or after each use,” he said.

“Ensure there is adequate air flow around your dryer and don’t leave the dryer operating when you’re not home “



Case against boat harbour murder accused returns to court

Premium Content Case against boat harbour murder accused returns to court

He is charged with fatally attacking a homeless man as he slept

Northern NSW man convicted of historical abuse of boys

Premium Content Northern NSW man convicted of historical abuse of boys

He could have faced prison but his lawyer called for an alternative

Have your say on proposal for new rural camping sites

Premium Content Have your say on proposal for new rural camping sites

There are homes and a studio are already on the property