Drug overdose hits Melbourne Stereosonic
A man is in intensive care in hospital after an apparent drug overdose at the Melbourne Stereosonic music festival on Saturday.
Ambulance Victoria said the man, aged in his late teens, was one of six suspected overdoses treated by paramedics at the Flemington showgrounds in Melbourne.
He was taken to the Western Hospital in a critical condition, but is now considered to be in a serious, but stable condition.
Another reveller aged in his 20s was taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital in a serious condition, after suffering head injuries in a fall, but he has since been discharged.
The suspected overdose comes after a 19-year-old man died and two people in their 20s were taken to hospital in a critical condition after suspected drug overdoses at Adelaide's Stereosonic event.
Read more at ABC News Online