Downed powerlines close Bruxner Highway
THE BRUXNER Highway at Goonellabah has been closed in both directions after strong winds brought power lines down across the road.
Police and Essential Energy crews are rushing to the scene and traffic is banking up east and west of the incident near the East Point Shopping Village.
For the latest traffic information visit www.myroadinfo.com.au
For the latest details about the Northern Rivers visit the NSW SES RICHMOND TWEED region Facebook page.
Meanwhile, the Pacific Highway remains closed in both directions just south of Grafton due to flooding.
Motorists are advised they can still get through as there is a diversion in place via Clarenza that is also suitable for heavy vehicles and B-Doubles 19m and under. Restricted vehicles are advised to use the New England Highway, Bruxner Highway and the Summerland Way.
Motorists travelling across the North Coast and Mid-North Coast of NSW are advised to take care due to the extreme weather conditions.
Current closures due to flooding:
• Pacific Highway just south of Grafton. There is a diversion is place via Clarenza
• Tweed Valley Way is closed near Murwillimbah.
• Bangalow Road is closed between Lismore and Bangalow.
• Gwydir Highway is closed at the Gibraltar Ranges. It is expected to remain closed till at least this evening.
• Ulmara Ferry is out of service.
• Lawrence Ferry is out of service.
The situation is changing quickly so motorists are advised to avoid travel if possible.