Daleys blitz clinches final with "best ever" performance
A "BEST EVER" all-round performance saw Daleys take this season's Lismore Netball Association Senior Division One grand final crown.
After a tight opening half, Daleys surged to a convincing 34-13 win over Henry Rous Pink to seal the title.
Saturday's win was part of a memorable weekend for skipper Lisa Brown, who turned 43 yesterday.
After helping her side take the deserved triumph, an overjoyed Brown was full of praise for her teammates' efforts.
"It was probably the best game we have played from start to finish," she said.
"I think we just built on each others' good play. Someone would get a great intercept or make a nice pass and we would feed on that.
A close first half saw Daleys lead by only seven points at the break, with both teams struggling to find their best form.
The match completely turned in the second half, though, as Daleys took control of the contest.
Pink also paid for some erratic shooting and passing as its opponents, led by ruthless play from Tracy Birney and Lisa Brown, opened up an unassailable lead.
Henry Rous duo Michelle Forsyth and Emma Sculley never gave up trying to prompt their side, but Daleys' Tamara Hamshaw's height was a factor in the rebounds.
After an erratic opening, she found her sights with her shots to help her side ease to a comfortable 21-point win.
Daleys centre Hayley McAnelly earned the player of the game award for a great all-round display.
The win prompted jubilation among Daleys, whose squad contains a handy mix of experience and youth.
Grand finals were also held in the other grades as the 2013 season was wrapped up at Marie Mackney Courts.
- Senior Division One: Daleys 34-13 Henry Rous Pink
- Division 2: Woodlawn Falcons defeated HR White no full score given;
- Division 4: Clunes Redbacks defeated Rascal Rats 33 to 16.
- Division 5: AW Glomeshers defeated Rous Relics 42 to 21.
- Division 6: Goonellabah Stingers defeated Workers Aqua 19 to 17
- Division 7: Delly Stars defeated Clunes Cruisers 2.7 to 23.
- Inter 1: Rous Rascals defeated HR Cadets 24 to 14.
- Inter 2: Rouse Rosebuds defeated Summerlanders Swifts 23 to 21.
- Inter 3: Workers Magic defeated Workers M&M 23 to 21.
- Inter 4: Summerlanders Storm defeated EL Stars 26to 10.
- 12 year A: Rous Robins defeated Clunes Ladybugs 24 to 23.
- 12 years B: Summerlanders Bilbies defeated AW Pearls 18 to 17.
- 11 years: A Summerlanders Kookaburra defeated Workers Sparkles 8 to 7.
- 11 years: B Workers Butterflies defeated WREL Possums 17 to 5.
- 10 years A: Daleys Daisies defeated Rous Rabbits 16 to 11.
- 10 years: B AW Emeralds defeated WR EL Joeys 4 to 2.