Victim of alleged sexual assault was just nine-years-old

A COFFS Harbour man has been charged over the aggravated sexual assault of a child.  

Police allege the girl was aged between 9 and 13 when she was assaulted by the man over a number of years while in his care near Repton.  

Detectives from the Child Abuse Squad travelled to Newcastle earlier this month and arrested the man, now aged 49, at Marks Point.  

He was charged with three counts of aggravated sexual assault and two counts of aggravated indecent assault and granted conditional bail until his court appearance on January 23.  

Coffs Harbour Child Abuse Squad Detective Sergeant Matthew Zimmer said the protracted investigation related to offences dating back to 2005.  

He said it was important for victims to remember it was "never too late" to report an offence and that all reports to the squad were treated as highly confidential.  

Anyone with information can phone Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.  



$70k debt: Former mayor's company could lose property

premium_icon $70k debt: Former mayor's company could lose property

The company has defaulted on a loan with Southern Cross Credit Union

Charges dropped against man accused of filming in toilets

premium_icon Charges dropped against man accused of filming in toilets

Only one charge remained and the 45-year-old pleaded guilty to it

Local Partners