Cobras' Dean Casey named player of year by Football FNC
CASINO striker Dean Casey has been named the 2013 Player Of The Year at Football FNC's annual presentation night.
The nimble finisher was a shining light for Casino in a difficult season for the Cobras, who are due to be relegated after finishing bottom of the men's premier division ladder.
In the closest finish for many years, six players were in contention going into the final round before Casey emerged on top with 21 points, one ahead of Rovers' Jonathan See on 20.
Four players finished on 19 points: Thistles' Darren Beardow, Bangalow's Joel Rudgley, Workers' Kurt Walker and Byron Bay's Sebastian Bell.
Bell was awarded the Golden Boot with 28 goals, the highest tally in more than 15 years.
The coach of the year saw an overwhelming vote for Paul "Bomba" Parmenter from Thistles, which triggered an emotional standing ovation.
Bomba died late in the season after several years laying the foundation for the Blues' Anzac Cup and minor premiership titles this year.
The referee of the year award was won by one of association's youngest officials, Jared Seiffert.
The women's awards saw talented Bangalow striker Jade Bienchetti take out the double, winning both the Player Of The Year and Golden Boot titles.
Bluedogs coach Paul Hannigan was Coach Of The Year.
The coveted club championship, which covers men's and women's along with senior and junior divisions, went to Lismore Thistles.
WOMEN'S PREMIER DIVISION TEAM OF WINNERS:
- Goalkeeper: Karoline Verral (Rovers)
- Defenders: Brook and Hanna Sheehan (Alstonville), Sarah Flower (Rovers), Jenna Lees (Thistles)
- Midfielders: Hollie Jarrett (Bangalow), Georgia Keen (Villa), Isobella Pratt (Workers)
- Strikers: Jade Bienchetti (Bangalow), Chelsea Coleman (Alstonville), Abbie Heffernan (Rovers)
MEN'S PREMIER DIVISION TEAM OF WINNERS:
- Goalkeeper: Brad Robertson (Thistles)
- Defenders: Max Hospers (Thistles), Max Toovey (Thistles), Shaun Packham (Byron), Eamon Banks (Alstonville).
- Midfielders: Darren Beardow (Thistles), Joel Rudgley (Bangalow), Kurt Walker (Workers).
- Strikers: Seb Bell (Byron), Dean Casey (Casino), Jonathan See (Rovers).