Carr condemns North Korea over rocket tests
FOREIGN Minister Bob Carr yesterday condemned North Korean plans to test more long-range rockets later this month.
North Korea announced its plans last week to test more long-range rockets between December 10 and December 22 this year.
Mr Carr said the move was a "needless provocation by an already isolated and impoverished regime".
"The Democratic People's Republic of Korea has again demonstrated disregard for world opinion by pursuing militarism at the expense of its region and its own people," he said.
"Rocket testing by the DPRK is a credible threat to Asia-Pacific security and to the safety of millions of people in neighbouring countries."
Mr Carr said the test should be abandoned; and he would be telling North Korea's Ambassador to Australia, Ri Jong Ryul, as much.