Car on fire at Casino
Fire fighters have extinguished a fire in a lane off Canterbury St at Casino.
Initial reports were that a car with a trailer attached was on fire, but fire fighters radioed through to say it was the 6 x 4 box trailer that was alight.
While extinguishing the blaze fire fighters noticed what appeared to be asbestos sheeting in the trailer.
Once the fire was put out the material thought to be asbestos sheeting was removed from the trailer and bagged for disposal.
Nearby residents were advised about the possibility of asbestos being involved in the fire
Fire fighters are on the scene of a car that is on fire in a lane off Canterbury St at Casino.
A Newcastle Fire Communications spokesman said the NSW Fire and Rescue Casino brigade were called to the incident at 8.28am.
The spokesman said when they arrived on the scene they found a car alight with a trailer attached.
The spokesman said the driver was out of the vehicle and the trailer had not caught fire.