Business in trouble for razor wire
BYRON Shire Council has issued to property owners after compliance officers discovered a business had put up razor wire to deter unwanted after-hours visitors.
Byron Shire Council governance manager Ralph James said the razor wire could have caused a serious injury.
“Staff checked with the Fire Brigade and found that special equipment was required should someone become entangled, and this was not available in Byron Shire. Somebody could have been seriously injured,” Mr James said
While the council fully understood the need for business security, non-standard methods such as razor wire should be checked with the council first, he said.
“If in doubt, a quick phone can save time and money,” Mr James said.