Jay Cronan

Bowls club closed after fire

THE LENNOX Head Bowling Club is closed until further notice following a fire this morning.

Emergency services were called at about 8am after nearby residents saw smoke.

Fire crews found the fire in a small storeroom at the rear of the club, and were able to quickly bring it under control.

It is believed to have been started by an electrical fault in an old fridge.

It caused damage to the ceiling, and a small amount of stock including boxes of wine and glasses were damaged or destroyed.

An adjoining coolroom may also have been damaged.

Manager of the club, David Clark, said he was unable to comment on the cost or extent of the damage at this stage, as it was still being assessed.

He praised the quick response of the fire service. 

"The firey's and police were great," he said. 



$6.5m development planned for East Lismore

premium_icon $6.5m development planned for East Lismore

The development has 25 lots and will house 61 people

How a few phone calls led to 40 hay bales being donated

premium_icon How a few phone calls led to 40 hay bales being donated

Local farmers, business owners join forces to help those in need

Colour run a bright idea to support community

premium_icon Colour run a bright idea to support community

St John's College Woodlawn will soon bring the colour run to Lismore

Local Partners