BURLEIGH Heads' Wes Berg toughed out choppy conditions to win his second Open Men's 4km Jacob Lollback Memorial Board Race on Saturday.
The 2010 champion was again in a lead pack of six when the field of 52 starters rounded the last buoy for home.
Joined by 2014/15 Ironman Series debutant Jack Moyes and 2013 Australian Ironman champion Cameron Cole on the same wave into the beach, Berg held off the challengers to win the footrace to the line.
Cole had his revenge, however, winning the Dash For Cash which sees competitors race into the beach from 150 metres out.
Favourite in the Open Women's 4km event, Noosa's Jordan Mercer paddled accordingly to blitz the field and backed it up to win the Dash For Cash for Open Women.
Yamba Surf Life Saving Club director of surf sports Jim Dougherty said the day was a success despite unpleasant conditions.
Meanwhile, Yamba SLSC Nippers began their 2014/15 summer season yesterday.
Results of the 2014 Jacob Lollback Memorial Board Race Day
Saturday, October 4, Main Beach Yamba
- Open Men 4km: 1st Wes Berg (Burleigh Heads Mowbray Park SLSC) 27 mins 45 sec; 2nd Jack Moyes (Terrigal SLSC); 3rd Cameron Cole (Mooloolaba SLSC)
- Open Women 4km: 1st Jordan Mercer (Noosa Heads) 31:58; 2nd Olivia Hall (Kurrawa); 3rd Peta Langton (Noosa Heads)
- Under 19 Men 2km: 1st Rhyam Pankhurst (Tugun) 13:43; 2nd Kody Innis (Burleigh Heads Mowbray Park); 3rd Lachlan Lansdown (Noosa Heads)
- Under 19 Women 2km: 1st Kaitlyn Matuschka (Avoca Beach) 16:25; 2nd Amy Annabel (Burleigh Heads Mowbray Park); 3rd Jessica Carah (Northcliffe)
- Under 17 Men 2km: 1st Luke Chaffer (Cudgen Headland)14:19; 2nd Thomas Green (Currumbin); 3rd Jy Timperley (Byron Bay)
- Under 17 Women 2km: 1st Hannah Sculley (Northcliffe)16:16; 2nd Scout Hembrow (Byron Bay); 3rd Madeline Carah (Northcliffe)
- Under 15 Men 2km: 1st Ryan Carroll (Tacking Point) 14:55; 2nd Jordan Emery (Tugun); 3rd Jack Alder (Lennox Head Alstonville)
- Under 15 Women 2km: 1st Naomi Scott (Manly 16:26); 2nd Anthea Warne (Cudgen Headland); 3rd Georgia Wheatland (Byron Bay)
- Masters Men 2km: 1st Darren Mercer OAM (Noosa Heads) 15:21; 2nd Gary Timperley (Byron Bay); 3rd Scott Sewell (Byron Bay)
- Masters Women 2km: 1st Helen Murray (Byron Bay) 16:54; 2nd Christine Dennis (Northcliffe); 3rd Victoria O'Halloran (Manly)
Dash for Cash
- Open Men 1st Cameron Cole (Mooloolaba)
- Open Women 1st Jordan Mercer (Noosa Heads)
- Under-19 Men 1st Angus Macphail (Cudgen Headland)
- Under-19 Women 1st Kaitlyn Matuschka (Avoca Beach)
- Under-17 Men 1st Josh Quinn (Cudgen Headland)
- Under-17 Women 1st Hannah Sculley (Northcliffe)
- Under-15 Men 1st Rhyan Carrol (Tacking Point)
- Under-15 Women 1st Naomi Scott (Manly)
- Masters Men 1st Gary Timperley (Bryon Bay)
- Masters Women 1st Helen Murray (Byron Bay)
Lucky Draw winners
- Xcel Board: Scout Hembrow (Byron Bay)
- Kracka Board: Ashleigh Blake (Palm Beach)
- Dolphin Board: Cooper Miskell (Northcliffe)
- InFront Board: Samuel Wood (Palm Beach)
Hancock Family Award (Far North Coast U/15 athlete)
- Luke Mounic (Lennox Head Alstonville)
- Darcie Balcon (Byron Bay)