Beef and reef meet this weekend
BEEF Meets Reef is sure to satisfy more than just the tastebuds during the Beef Week opening weekend, with mini-events lined up all day Sunday.
It will run from 10am until 3pm, featuring market stalls, street performances, rides, a kids dress up parade, tug of war, BMX display, cooking demonstrations and more.
There will also be a special performance from the winner of the Beef Week busking competition at 11.45am.
The Tug-of-War competition is a little bit different this year, with a local and national competition to be held.
To collect registration forms please go online to casinobeefweek.com.au or contact Brian O-Farrell on 0428 661 400 and submit the forms on the day.
Sly Bros is sponsoring prizes this year for the Tug-of-War competition.
There will also be a street parade at 2pm, and schools are encouraged to get as many students dressed up in the national costume of any country, to match this year’s festival theme All Around the World.
The Richmond Valley Council Beef Meets Reef is sponsored by Sly Bros, Hotel Illawong, The Bowlo Evans Head, Summerland Credit Union, Woodburn Evans Head RSL and Evans Head Business and Community Chamber.
Events on at the Beef Meets Reef main stage:
- 10am: Introduction and welcoming from Brian O-Farrell
- 10.30am: Sly Bros Tug-of-War for children
- 11am: Sly Bros Tug-of-War for adults
- 11.30am: Individual children’s dress up parade
- 11.45am: Winners of the Illawong Busking competition perform
- 12pm: Acknowledgement of Country and official opening by His Excellency General The Honourable David Hurley AC DSC, Governor of New South Wales
- 2pm: Summerland Credit Union Street Parade
Beef Meets Reef wil be held on Oak St, Evans Head on Sunday May 22.