Menu
News

BBQ gone wrong sets car alight

IT WAS a summer barbecue gone wrong when a Tooloa resident who could not light heat beads tried to light them with fuel last night.

A Queensland Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said they were called to the Barramundi St house at around 7.15pm to find a car and a house alight.

A police spokesperson said the man recieved burns to his hands.

The QFRS spokesperson said although the heat beads were not alight they had enough heat in them to light the fuel can which the resident then kicked down thr driveway to get it away from the house.

The can rolled underneath a four-wheel drive in the driveway causing it to catch fire. The QFRS spokesperson said there was extensive damage caused to the car.

The fire spread to a garden bed and the house next door and the QFRS spokesperson said there was superficial damage to the structure of the house.

Topics:  barbecue fuel queensland fire and rescue



VIDEO: Cycling video secures driver conviction

VIDEO EVIDENCE: A motorcyclist has lost his licence for 18 months after his assault on two cyclists in June 2017 was captured on a rear-light bicycle video camera.

Motorcyclist loses licence after cyclist assault

Haul of dead sharks met with outrage

SAD SIGHT: Laelia Gardner captured photos of culled sharks at the Tweed Bar.

Decapitated and left to rot in the heat, 15 sharks found dead

Our commitment: We're for you

Queen Elizabeth outside the Gollan Hotel in Keen Street, in 1954.

We've done it for 141yrs, marked history and plotted the future

Local Partners