Aussie soldier charged over fatal crash at military base

A YOUNG Australian soldier has been charged over a horror troop-carrier crash which left one dead and six others seriously injured at a Sydney military base last year.

Eighteen trainee soldiers were onboard the troop carrier when it overturned at the Holsworthy Barracks during a routine military training exercise in October.

All rear passengers were thrown from the vehicle and injured.

Sapper Jordan Penpraze, 22, was airlifted to hospital in a critical condition and died three days later.

Following recommendations from the Director of Public Prosecutions, crash investigators arrested the 21-year-old driver on Wednesday.

He was charged with dangerous driving occasioning death and six counts of dangerous driving occasioning grievous bodily harm.

He will front court on September 16.



Trial told of 'bizarre sexual manipulation' tweet

premium_icon Trial told of 'bizarre sexual manipulation' tweet

Spiritual healer is suing former client for defamation

CCTV coverage to be expanded in Lismore

premium_icon CCTV coverage to be expanded in Lismore

"It's a welcome addition to crime prevention”

7 best spots for breakfast on the Northern Rivers

premium_icon 7 best spots for breakfast on the Northern Rivers

Where's the best place to get a delicious morning meal?

Local Partners