Arrest over alleged sex assaults on boys as young as five

A CHILD abuse investigation into the rape of boys as young as five has led to the arrest of a 31-year-old man near Newcastle.

Detectives began tracking the man when a cognitively impaired nine-year-old boy told family he had been sexually assaulted by a relative on two separate occasions.

Police will allege the boy was seven when the abuse began at a property in Sydney's north-west in 2010.

During the investigation police were told another young man was five when he was allegedly assaulted by the accused at Lake Macquarie in the mid '90s.

He was later allegedly assaulted on several occasions when he was aged between 10 and 12.

The man fronted court on Wednesday charged with several serious offences including sexual intercourse with a person under 10 and aggravated indecent assault.



More rain means tonnes of choking mud in the river

More rain means tonnes of choking mud in the river

It's going to be unpleasant if you want to go fishing this weekend

Cops allege $100,000 stolen property at OMCG home

Cops allege $100,000 stolen property at OMCG home

Outlaw motorcycle gang member charged

'We know who they are': Locals fed up with young criminals

'We know who they are': Locals fed up with young criminals

Ballina residents say it's time to name and shame

Local Partners