Apprentice's hand tenderised
IT was not a nice start to the day for a Casino butcher's apprentice who got his hand caught in a tenderiser this morning.
The 18-year-old apprentice was feeding meat into the tenderiser about 7.40am and got his right hand caught in the machine.
Ambulance officers and the Casino Rescue Squad attended the store and the apprentice's hand was released shortly after.
He sustained lacerations to his hand but all of his fingers were intact. He was taken to Lismore Base Hospital for treatment.