No decision yet on Dumb and Dumber
LOS ANGELES (AAP). ? Australia's 'Dumb and Dumber' bank robbers will have to wait to learn if US prosecutors will appeal against their jail sentences.
Colorado's US District Attorney's Office announced yesterday it had not yet decided whether it would lodge an appeal.
A decision was expected on the two Byron Bay friends last Friday, but the DA's office will likely make it this week.
Luke Carroll, 19, and Anthony Prince, 20, were sentenced to jail last month by US District Court judge Phillip Figa for the armed hold-up of a Vail bank in March.
Carroll, who put a BB gun to a teller's head and pushed another to the ground, was sentenced to five years in a US Federal prison.
Prince, who pointed a BB gun at the two female tellers, was sentenced to four and a half years.
The sentences were considered lenient for the crime that netted them $US132,000 ($A173,433) and made headlines around the world for the careless clues they left for police and the FBI.
"No decision has been made yet regarding on filing an appeal or not," Colorado DA's Office spokesman Dave Gaouette told AAP yesterday.
Mr Gaouette said Jerry Jones, the appellate division chief of Colorado's US District Attorney's Office, would make the final decision.
Carroll and Prince have been locked up since their arrest on March 23, two days after their brazen, but bungling, robbery of the WestStar Bank in the ski resort of Vail.
The clues they left for US authorities led the media to brand them 'Dumb and Dumber'.
The duo made numerous errors, including failing to cover their Australian accents during the robbery.