Father also lost everything in Channon fire
By ZOE SATHERLEY
IN A separate sad twist of fate, Daniel Rorke's father and stepmother lost everything they owned when fire gutted their home at The Channon on Tuesday.
Two pairs of bathers, shorts, T-shirt and sandals is all Philip Rorke and his partner, Fiona McConchie, have left.
The couple were staying in temporary accommodation in a cabin on a friend's property, waiting for the home they planned to rent to be- come vacant.
"We didn't think it was worth taking out insurance for just a couple of weeks and now we are kicking ourselves," said Philip, a musician who is on a disability pension and unable to work.
"We are just numb. It hasn't sunk in yet.
"I know we are lucky to be alive, but it feels overwhelming to be facing life at over 60 with nothing left."
All of Philip's instruments were lost in the blaze, as well his life-long collection of music.
Fiona, a visual artist, lost the last 20 years of her original artwork and her art computer and software.The couple are in desperate need of affordable rental accommodation and are hopeful someone will come forward with a small rural cottage or a caravan.
They would also appreciate any second-hand items in reasonable condition, especially a computer, bed base, furniture, linen, kitchen utensils, cooking pots, crockery, cutlery, TV, video, stereo and radio.
Call Philip on 0429 128 639 if you can help with donations or accommodation.