Another storm lashes NSW north coast
NORTHERN NSW gets its third storm in three days - this time bringing hail. Hail stones as large as four to five centimetres have been reported in Lismore.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones, very heavy rainfall, flash flooding and damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Lismore, Tweed Heads, Murwillumbah, Ballina, Casino, Byron Bay, Mullumbimby and Kyogle.
However the storm does not appear to have the intensity of October's hail storms in the district, with the hail rapidly giving way to rain.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.