Hospitality worker loses lower part of arm to exploding keg

A HOSPITALITY worker has lost part of his arm after a beer keg he was changing exploded at the weekend.

Jye Parker, 23, was releasing air from a keg in a cool room at the Bar Beach Bowling Club in Newcastle when the incident occurred.

He was rushed to John Hunter Hospital where he underwent immediate surgery.

His uncle, Neil Parker, told Seven News on Sunday his nephew was coming to terms with losing the lower part of his left arm.

He said the family was shocked at what had occurred.

"The support is there but it is very hard to deal with something like this," he said.

"He is only a young bloke.

"The fact his left arm is gone . . . it is going to be a long road ahead."

NSW WorkCover has launched an investigation into the incident. - APN NEWSDESK.



20-50mm of rain possible by the end of this week

20-50mm of rain possible by the end of this week

Some much-needed rain will "likely” fall across the Northern Rivers

Men face court over alleged drug syndicate

premium_icon Men face court over alleged drug syndicate

They have been accused of involvement in a prison-linked drug ring

'It was the most awful day of my life'

premium_icon 'It was the most awful day of my life'

Shark attack victim was saved by his mates

Local Partners