7 surf safety tips in the Northern Rivers this Easter
POLICE are reminding the public to be safe and use commonsense when in, on or around the water this Easter weekend.
Surf Life Saving has an easy to use website: www.beachsafe.org.au and a free smart-phone app 'beachsafe' to help plan a day at the beach.
More information about water safety in NSW is available at www.watersafety.nsw.gov.au
SURF Life Saving NSW Surf Safety Tip for this Easter:
- Always swim between the red and yellow flags
- Read and observe the safety signs
- Ask a lifesaver/lifeguard for safety advice
- Learn how to identify a rip
- If you need help, stay calm and attract attention
- Always wear a lifejacket while boating or rock-fishing
- If witnessing an in-water emergency call Triple Zero-Police