$50,000 for 11 sporting clubs on the Northern Rivers
THANKS to the NSW Government's Local Sport Grant Program, 11 clubs across the Northern Rivers have a bit of extra cash.
Lismore MP Thomas George announced the grant recipients, saying the aim of the program was to "increase regular and on-going participation opportunities in sport and active recreation".
"Sport is a huge part of our way of life and the NSW Government recognises that," he said.
Funding has been provided to the following clubs:
- Swimming North Coast: $2227
- Kyogle Country Endurance Riders: $2050
- Kyogle Rugby Union Football Club: $2000
- Lismore and District Netball Association: $13,450
- Lismore Richmond Rovers Football Club: $6000
- Far North Coast Baseball Umpires Association: $2000
- Tenterfield Physical Culture Club: $2050
- Kyogle Track and Trail MTB Club: $2790
- East Lismore Tennis Club: $10,000
- Murwillumbah Football Club: $2000
- Tenterfield Junior Rugby League Football Club: $5433