31km of road in Byron Shire to be resealed
BYRON Shire Council has announced that 31km of roads in the Shire will be resealed during October and November.
The reseal problem, a key component of the 2015-2016 program, will cost $1.5 million, council's infrastructure services director Phil Holloway said.
Resealing will be undertaken over a two month period with the following roads being rehabilitated:
- Bangalow Road: Various segments between intersection with Broken Head Road to the Pacific Motorway
- Broken Head Road: 500m South of Suffolk Park to 400m North of Midgen Flat Road
- Skinners Shoot Road: From Yagers Lane, 800m west
- Lighthouse Road: Access Road up to the Lighthouse
- Myocum Road: Various segments between Possums Shoot Road and Coolamon Scenic Drive
- Coolamon Scenic Drive (North): From Brunswick Valley Way to Banana Lane
- Main Arm Road: From Sherry's Bridge 1060m heading South East
- Main Arm Road: From Settlement Bridge 400m heading North West
- Main Arm Road: 1.3km North of Palmwoods Road heading North for 200m
- Leftbank Road: Brushbox Drive to Yankee Creek Road
- Wilsons Creek Road: Coolamon Scenic Drive to Laverty's Gap
- Wilsons Creek Road: From Huonbrook Road heading East for 1.8km
- Huonbrook Road: Over landslip restoration site
- Coolamon Scenic Drive: From Goonengerry Road to Coorabell Road
- Springvale Road: 300m at Southern End
- Federal Drive: From Eureka Drive to Federal Village
- Federal Drive: From Federal Village heading west for 2km
Motorists may experience short delays during this time.
To see Council's full capital road works program, go to www.byron.nsw.gov.au/roads-capital-works-2015-16.