11 (very different) opinions on the Nimbin ‘gangster’ raids
WHAT you said about yesterday's raids, during which 50 police officers descended on Nimbin, arresting 11 people:
1. Lisa Taylor O'Brien: Overkill for a bit of weed, it would have cost big dollars for today's raid. The dealers were back in afternoon doing it all again. Please use tax payers $ to help our community, not to play silly games that don't change anything.
2. Rob Parkin: Some of you (are) acting like its normal to have a million (dollars worth of) drugs in your houses? I'm using hemp oil for pain; I don't smoke it but care if people do. This seems like the police are just doing their job! People growing and selling this amount of drugs should be charged. When was the last time ice helped anyone?
3. Ruben Gonzalez: If people want to smoke a plant, let them smoke a plant ... pretty simple stuff.
4. Chey Loobes: Good, just clearing the place of illegal drugs ... should do it every week!
5. Dave Thomsen: Well done Australia and the police for enforcing laws that violate our basic human rights. This just makes us all look like idiots. Would the people in Nimbin be selling weed if there wasn't a market for it? Obviously there are adults capable of making informed decisions that choose to go there and buy it. A responsible adult making the decision to smoke does not harm anyone else, why shouldn't they be allowed to make that choice?
6. Juliska Rado: Meanwhile in the medical field it's being legalised? Hope you never get sick!
7. Kahla Burtenshaw: There is a difference between using cannabis oil to help with medical conditions, which I am all for, and just being a recreational drug taker.
8. Bev Gardner: Do you know how much money is wasted by police when they do raids like this in Nimbin for 99% cannabis 1% nasty drugs? They give the area a bad name, wipe them off the planet, lock them all up. Guess what - if it wasn't for the Nimbin Lane Boys the village would be overrun with all the scary drugs like ice, etc.
9. Ruby Gear: Well done to the task force.
10. Sandee Mac: It's revenue raising time!
11. Helen Simpson: I witnessed the violence ... I nearly got hammered myself. This is outrageous ... how can this violence be justified?