Terms and Conditions
Northern Star – Massive Motoring Event
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age and over to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Northern Star Ltd, 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480. ABN 43 000 011 174. Permit NSW/ LTPS/16/04005.
- Contestants who have purchased a new motor vehicle from a participating car dealership (listed at clause 7) during the Massive Motoring Event between June 16, 2016 and June 25, 2016 will automatically receive a free entry into the Massive Motoring Event.
Participating Car Dealerships:
- Trevan Auto Group PTY LTD
- James Frizelles
- Sharp Motor Group (Quayside)
- City Toyota
- Lismore Nissan & Kia
- Ireland Honda
- The entry form must be completed when purchasing the new vehicle in full and placed in an envelope addressed to Northern Star – Massive Motoring Event; then:
- Send to: PO Box 423, Lismore NSW 2480, NSW 2480; or
- Deliver to: 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however a contestant can only win once.
- One original entry form per standard envelope.
- While entry is free, the cost of delivery or postage of entries is the responsibility of the contestant.
- There will be one (1) winner chosen by random draw. The winner will receive:
- A crossed cheque for $3,000.00.
- The winner must collect their prize from the Northern Star office, 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480.
- Prizes that remain uncollected will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw at 12:05pm on September 25, 2016 at the Northern Star office, 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480, and the redraw winner will be contacted within 2 working days from the redraw date.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $3,000.00.
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be exchanged or sold.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Thursday June 16, 2016 and closes at 6:00pm Saturday June 25, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected in a random draw at the Northern Star office, 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah, NSW 2480 at 12:00pm Tuesday June 28, 2016 and the prize awarded following winner validation and verification. Winners will be contacted by telephone and in writing.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be published in the Northern Star public notices section of the newspaper on Wednesday June 29, 2016.
- Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm winner identify and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
25. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
26. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
27. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
28. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
30. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.