1. Method of entry: Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. To enter, Contestants must send in a story about or a drawing of something fun they have done during the school holidays. The story or drawing must be placed in an envelope marked Kidzone “Beach Ball Competition” with your name, address, email address and contact phone number(s) on the back and then:
(a) sent by pre-paid post to Kidzone, PO Box 423, Lismore NSW 2480 (so it is received before the Closure Time); or
(b) delivered to Media Centre, 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480.
Contestants may submit more than one entry, but any Contestant may only win one of the prizes or any number of prizes.
2. Prizes: 4 x Beach Balls valued at $10 each are available to be won. Total maximum value of all prizes: $40. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration: The competition commences at 6am Tuesday 7 January, 2014 and closes at 12pm Wednesday 29 January, 2014 (“Closure Time”). Entries received after the Closure Time will not be eligible.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants under the age of 18 require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winner(s) will be selected by random draw at 9am Thursday 30 January, 2014 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published on the Kidzone page in The Northern Star on Tuesday 4 February, 2014. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. All prizes when specified must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
8. Entries and privacy: The Promoter collects your personal information to include you in this competition and may disclose the information to its Related Bodies Corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2011 (Cth)) and other persons/ entities who help us run the competition, including persons/entities who provide prizes for the competition. The Promoter may also use the information to assist us in improving our goods and services and to contact you in the future in regard to our other goods and services. You can contact us to gain access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, APN 3/33 Park Road, Milton.
All entries become the property of the Promoter. By entering the promotion you are giving your consent to be contacted by APN ARM for marketing purposes, including sending the entrant electronic messages. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter.
Promoter: The Northern Star Ltd
NSW Permit No.: LTPM/13/00746