Terms and Conditions
Australian Regional Media – I am Summer Photo Competition
- By entering this competition (‘the competition’), Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be permanent Australian residents to be eligible to enter and reside in the distribution area of their local newspaper (see clause 9 for Local Newspaper locations).
- Entry is open to Queensland and NSW Residents only.
- Contestants must be aged 18 years and over at the time of entry to be eligible.
- Contestants must enter online at their locally distributed newspaper site listed at Clause 9.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Queensland 4006. ABN 21 009 657 943. Authorised under Permits: Grafton - NSW/LTPM/16/00785; Lismore – NSW/LTPM/16/00778; Tweed – NSW/LTPM/16/00776; Coffs Harbour – NSW/LTPM/16/00786
- To enter, Contestants must go on-line via their local newspaper site (listed Clause 9) or email and submit a photograph taken during the Promotion Period (clause 29) depicting the Contestant’s summer; Contestants are to register their details in full and submit their photograph. Websites and email open at 00:00:01am AEST Thursday December 22, 2016.
- The on-line entry form must be completed in full. Contestants must enter through their local newspaper site or email to their local site for their entry to be deemed valid.
- Grafton: www.dailyexaminer.com.au/iamsummer
- Gympie: www.gympietimes.com.au/iamsummer
- Ipswich: www.qt.com.au/iamsummer
- Lismore: www.northernstar.com.au/iamsummer
- Sunshine Coast: www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/iamsummer
- Toowoomba: www.thechronicle.com.au/iamsummer
- Warwick: www.warwickdailynews.com.au/iamsummer
- Bundaberg: www.news-mail.com.au/iamsummer
- Wide Bay: www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/iamsummer
- Gladstone: www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/iamsummer
- Mackay: www.dailymercury.com.au/iamsummer
- Rockhampton: www.themorningbulletin.com.au/iamsummer
- Coffs Harbour: www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/iamsummer
- Tweed Heads: www.tweeddailynews.com.au/iamsummer
- South Burnett: www.southburnetttimes.com.au/iamsummer
- Email entries:
- Must include the subject line: I Am Summer Photo Competition;
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- I accept the terms and conditions
- Notification of consent for people other than contestant depicted in photograph.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 16).
- Contestants may submit more than one original photograph, however there is only one (1) prize available in each newspaper site listed.
- There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Photos must be submitted via the Website or email address of the Contestant’s local newspaper;
- Photos must be original and taken by the Contestant submitting the photo;
- Photos must depict the Contestant’s summer, taken during the Promotion Period between December 22, 2016 and Sunday January 15, 2017 (refer Clause 29).
- Photos may be either portrait or landscape format;
- Photos must meet quality specifications – up to 2MB;
- Photos must be taken prior to the competition closing date and may not previously have won any photographic award or competition;
- Contestants must provide the names of people depicted in their photograph, and by submitting the photograph agree that they have received consent from the people shown in the photograph to use their image.
- Photos must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Any photographs containing nudity, animal cruelty, sexualised images, harassment or other images deemed by law to be of an illicit or illegal nature will not be accepted.
- Circumstances in which photographs are taken must not pose a risk to the safety of the photographer nor the surrounding flora and/or fauna;
- Incomplete, inaccurate or duplicate entries will be deemed invalid;
- All photographs submitted in the competition will become the property of APN Newspapers Pty Ltd.
- The competition commences 12:00am AEST December 22, 2016 and closes 11:59pm AEST Sunday January 15, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the promotion period will be deemed invalid.
- Judging will be undertaken by the Editor from each Newspaper Site. One (1) photograph selected as the best photograph from each Newspaper site will be deemed the winners (15 winners in total).
- The judging will take place at each newspaper site commencing at 10:00am AEST Monday January 16, 2017.
- One (1) winner from each Newspaper Site Listed at Clause 9 will win the following prize:
Key Mission 170 f2.8 ultra-wide angle action Camera, RRP $579.00 each (inclusive of GST). Camera inclusions:
- High resolution 4K UHD @ 30fps,
- Slow motion 1080/120p with inbuilt VR and Nikkor f2.8 lens;
- 10m waterproof
- 2 m shockproof;
- 1.5” 340k dot LCD with anti-reflective coating;
- Instant sharing of images and videos via SnapBridge application on compatible Android and iOS devices;
- Expandable storage capacity with micro SD compatibility.
- EN-EL12 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- EH-73P Charging AC Adapter
- UC-E21 USB Cable
- AA-1B Base Adapter
- AA-2 Base Mount (Flat)
- AA-3 Base Mount (Curved)
- AA-14B Lens Protector (without protection glass/for water surface and land use)
- AA-15B Underwater Lens Protector (with protection glass/for underwater use and to safeguard against bouncing grit)
- ML-L6 Remote Control.
- Total maximum recommended retail price of the Prize Pool is $8,685.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes that may apply to the winning of this prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may
Substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter. Contestants must be 18 years of age and over to be eligible.
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The winner will be contacted by telephone and email.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s details will be published in the Public Notices of each of the 15 newspaper publications on Wednesday January 18, 2017 (see listing at Clause 43).
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Winners will be published in the following newspapers:
- Grafton: Daily Examiner
- Gympie: Gympie Times
- Ipswich: QT (Queensland Times)
- Lismore: Northern Star
- Maroochydore: Sunshine Coast Daily
- Toowoomba: The Chronicle
- Warwick: Warwick Daily News
- Bundaberg: NewsMail
- Maryborough/Hervey Bay: Fraser Coast Chronicle
- Gladstone: Gladstone Observer
- Mackay: Daily Mercury
- Rockhampton: The Morning Bulletin
- Coffs Harbour: Coffs Coast Advocate
- Tweed Heads: Tweed Daily News
- South Burnett: South Burnett Times
- Prizes must be claimed in person by the winning contestant from the winner’s local newspaper office and Government issued Photo ID is required for residency and identity purposes.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- The prize must be collected within 90 days from the draw.
- Prizes that remain uncollected after 90 days will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw as per these terms and conditions at each individual Newspaper site where prizes remain uncollected, at 11:00am AEST Monday April 17, 2017. Redraw winner will be based on the judge’s choice of the 2nd best photograph for that Newspaper Site.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
49. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
50. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
51. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
53. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.