Terms and Conditions
APN Newspapers Pty Ltd – Win the Ultimate Foodie Getaway Competition
1. The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd (ABN 21 009 657 943) Corner Mayne Road and Campbell Street, Bowen Hills Queensland 4006. NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/13512.
2. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of the terms of entry. By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. Contestants must be permanent Australian residents to be eligible to enter and reside in the distribution area of their local newspaper (see clause 9 for locations and local newspapers).
4. Entry is open to Queensland and New South Wales Residents only.
5. Contestants must be aged 18 years and over at the time of entry to be eligible.
6. Contestants must enter online at their locally distributed newspaper site listed at Clause 9.
7. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
8. The competition commences 00:01am AEST Wednesday May 3, 2017 and closes at 11:59pm AEST Tuesday May 16, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the promotion period will be deemed invalid and will not be entered in the competition.
9. To enter, Contestants must go on-line at their local newspaper website (see listing below) to register their details in full including (but not limited to) Name, Address, Date of Birth, Email address and Telephone number in the entry form provided, then submit their entry. Online entries open 00:01am AEST Wednesday May 3, 2017.
• Grafton: The Daily Examiner www.dailyexaminer.com.au/ultimatefoodie
• Gympie: Gympie Times www.gympietimes.com.au/ultimatefoodie
• Ipswich: QT www.qt.com.au/ultimatefoodie
• Lismore: The Northern Star www.northernstar.com.au/ultimatefoodie
• Sunshine Coast: Sunshine Coast Daily www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/ultimatefoodie
• Toowoomba: The Chronicle www.thechronicle.com.au/ultimatefoodie
• Warwick: Warwick Daily News www.warwickdailynews.com.au/ultimatefoodie
• Bundaberg: NewsMail www.news-mail.com.au/ultimatefoodie
• Wide Bay: Fraser Coast Chronicle www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/ultimatefoodie
• Gladstone: The Observer www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/ultimatefoodie
• Mackay: The Daily Mercury www.dailymercury.com.au/ultimatefoodie
• Rockhampton: The Morning Bulletin www.themorningbulletin.com.au/ultimatefoodie
• Coffs Harbour: Coffs Coast Advocate www.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/ultimatefoodie
10. Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 8).
11. Contestants may only enter once, and there is only one (1) prize to be won.
12. There is no cost to enter the competition; however, internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
13. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
14. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
15. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
16. One (1) Major prize winner will be selected via electronic random draw from all valid entries received across all newspapers shown at Clause 9.
17. The prize for a winner from Grafton, Gympie, Lismore, Ipswich, Toowoomba, Warwick, Sunshine Coast, Wide Bay or Coffs Harbour regions includes the following: An Ultimate Foodie Experience including:
• Four (4) night’s accommodation in an Ocean King Room at QT Gold Coast valued up to $1,360.00.
• A Lunch banquet for two people at the Gold Coast’s latest foodie playground, The Collective, Palm Beach valued up to $120.00.
• Dinner for two mat the award winning Little Truffle Dining Room & Bar valued up to $150.00.
• Burgers, beer, hotdogs and everything all American with a lunch for two people at Brooklyn Depot, Gold Coast valued up to $60.00.
• A High Tea with a touch of quirk for two people at QT Gold Coast valued up to $110.00.
• Lunch for two people at the Greendays, Bundall valued up to $100.00.
• A tour of the organic rooftop garden with QT Gold Coast’s Executive Chefs.
• Lunch for two at Bin 232 at Pacific Fair Shopping Centre valued up to $100.00.
• A Pacific Fair Shopping Spree Gift Voucher for $200.00
• A VIP Mixology Class for two people at Stingray Lounge valued up to $100.00
• Dinner for two people at the Bazaar Interactive Marketplace, followed by Cocktails in the Stingray Lounge at QT Gold Coast valued up to $144.00
• One (1) night out in Broadbeach with Cocktails, Tapas, share plates at BiN 89, Broadbeach valued up to $100.00.
• A Treatment for two people in the Couple’s Room at spaQ, QT Gold Coast valued up to $290.00.
• Total maximum RRP of the major prize is valued up to $2,844.00 (inclusive of GST).
18. North Queensland Contestants Only:
If the prize winner resides in Mackay, Rockhampton, Gladstone or Bundaberg regions, they will win the major prize with all inclusions listed at Clause 17; and
• Economy domestic return flights and transfers from the winner’s closest domestic Airport and car hire while at the Gold Coast, valued up to $1,000.00 (inclusive of GST).
• The winner will be responsible for transfers to and from their residence and the Airport.
• Total maximum RRP of the major winner prize is $3,844.00 (inclusive of GST).
Further Terms and Conditions of Prizes
19. The winner must collect their prize, in person, from their local newspaper office by 4:30pm AEST Tuesday June 13, 2017 or prize will be entered in an uncollected prize redraw (see Clause 58).
20. Vouchers must be redeemed prior to the expiry date shown on the voucher or vouchers will be forfeited and no cash payment or further prizes will be awarded.
21. Accommodation Voucher is subject to availability at the time of booking.
22. The prize cannot be used for the following dates:
• Gold Coast Marathon: July 1 and July 2, 2017.
• Gold Coast 600: October 20, 2017 to October 22, 2017.
• The prize is valid for two (2) adults staying at QT Gold Coast before December 23, 2017, subject to availability on bookings.
23. Additional charges, fees or variation in price is the responsibility of the winner and must be paid in advance of stay. All upgrades/extras are payable at the time of booking.
24. The prize is valid for two (A credit card Security Bond is required upon arrival)
25. The Prize Letter and vouchers are provided to the winner with the understanding that the letter and vouchers are for accommodation and prizes as stipulated in Clause 17.
26. Bookings for the accommodation must be used before December 23, 2017. If the prize is not booked or taken by the dates above, the prize will be forfeited and no further prize will be awarded in its place; nor will the prize be paid out in cash.
27. Unused portions are non-refundable.
28. The Prize Letter must be shown at the time of check-in.
29. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and prize values shown with the Recommended Retail Price. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
30. Any taxes that may apply to the winning of this prize are the responsibility of the winner.
31. Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
32. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
Terms and Conditions of Travel
33. The winner is responsible for all expenses (where applicable) over and above what is included in the prize, including (but not limited to) spending money, meals, drinks, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, gratuities, service charges, flights (other than specified), accommodation (other than specified), visas, travel insurance, medical costs and all other ancillary costs.
34. It is the winner’s responsibility to take out, at their own cost, all relevant insurance (including but not limited to travel insurance) which may be required or prudent to be taken out.
35. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travel companions are fit to travel.
36. The winner acknowledges and accepts that flying, driving, boating, travel and any other activities comprising travel in the prize, may be inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses.
37. All travel will be subject to the carrier’s General Conditions of Carriage.
38. The winner and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, must depart from the same airport and are responsible for transport costs to and from their place of residence to their nearest airport for flight departure.
39. Air tickets are available on regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos.
40. Cancellation or change to flight itineraries may incur fees. Any fees or charges to cancel or change flight itineraries are the responsibility of the winner.
41. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination of travel.
42. The Promoter is not responsible for any adverse conditions such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion, acts of terrorism or strikes that may occur whilst the winner and their travel companion is travelling.
43. It is the responsibility of the winner and their travel companion to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel.
44. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner and their travel companion will enjoy the prize or be suited to the type of prize that is offered.
45. If the prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to provide the participant with a replacement prize of equal or higher value.
46. It is a condition of taking the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the supplier’s requirements. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the trip as stated.
47. The following persons are ineligible to enter. Contestants must be 18 years of age and over to be eligible to enter.
• Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
• The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether they live in the same household or not);
• Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
48. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
49. The prize winner will be selected via an electronic random draw from all valid entries received from across the newspaper network (see clause 9) at the APN Newspaper office, Cnr Mayne Road & Campbell Street, Bowen Hills at 10:00am (AEST) Wednesday May 17, 2017 and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. The winner will be contacted by telephone and email.
50. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter in to correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes about the Promotion.
51. The winner’s details will be published in each of the 13 newspaper publications on Saturday May 20, 2017 (See listing at Clause 55).
52. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
53. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
54. The winner’s details will be published in the following newspapers:
• Grafton: The Daily Examiner
• Gympie: The Gympie Times
• Ipswich: QT (Queensland Times)
• Lismore: The Northern Star
• Sunshine Coast: Sunshine Coast Daily
• Toowoomba: The Chronicle
• Warwick: Warwick Daily News
• Bundaberg: News-Mail
• Wide Bay: Fraser Coast Chronicle
• Gladstone: The Gladstone Observer
• Mackay: The Daily Mercury
• Rockhampton: The Morning Bulletin
• Coffs Harbour: The Coffs Coast Advocate
55. The winner must claim their prize in person from their local newspaper office. Government issued Photo ID is required for residency and identity purposes.
56. Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
57. The prize must be collected by the date specified at Clause 18.
58. Prizes that remain uncollected by the date specified will be placed in an uncollected prize redraw as per these terms and condition at APN Newspapers Pty Ltd. Corner Mayne Road & Campbell Street, Bowen Hills Qld at 10:00am AEST Wednesday June 14, 2017. Redraw winners will be contacted by telephone and email.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
59. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner (where applicable). The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier or collected by the winner.
60. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
61. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss because of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, connected with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
62. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
64. We collect and use that information to provide you with our goods and services and to promote and improve our goods and services. We may also share your information with our related companies and any of us may be in contact for those purposes (including email and SMS).
65. Where you have entered a competition, we may disclose your personal information to authorities if you are a prize winner or otherwise required by law.
66. Further information on how we handle personal information, how you can complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, how we deal with a complaint of that nature, how you can access or seek correction of your personal information and our contact details can be located at www.apnarm.com.au/privacy
67. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion for marketing purposes. If you wish to opt out of sharing information with other companies, you can do this by writing to the Promoter at the address shown at Clause 1.