Terms and Conditions: APN ARM – Win a Dream Day Out
1. Entry to this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions.
2. Contestants must be 18+ years of age and be an Australian resident to be eligible to enter this competition.
3. The Promoter is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Queensland 4006. ABN 95 008 637 643. The Northern Star NSW Permit No. LTPM/15/00761
Daily Examiner NSW Permit No. LTPM/15/00760
4. To enter, Contestants must enter online through their local newspaper (listed below). Contestants must complete all required information to constitute a valid entry.
5. There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for such costs.
6. Entries must be received during the Entry period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
7. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
8. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a Contestant invalid if the Contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
9. Competition duration: The Competition commences at 00:01am (AEST) Tuesday December 22, 2015 and closes at 11:59pm (AEST) Sunday January 10, 2016 (closing time/date).
10. Contestants can only enter once and there is only one prize per Newspaper publication (as listed).
11. There are 7 prizes to be won. One prize will be awarded to a contestant from each of the listed newspaper publications.
• Entry for two (2) adults and two (2) children (3 – 13 years) to Dreamworld and WhiteWater World for one (1) day including the V8 Simulator Experience.
• The winners must collect their prize from their local newspaper (unless otherwise advised) by 5:00pm (AEST) Friday January 29, 2016 or the prizes will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw.
• Dreamworld and WhiteWater World Prizes are valid for 12 months from the date of issue
• Four (4) x ten (10) minute sessions on the new V8 Simulator (one per guest). V8 Simulator Experiences is subject to all ride safety conditions and must be used by June 30, 2016. Guests must be 12 years or over to redeem.
• V8 Simulator Experience is subject to all safety conditions as displayed on www.dreamworld.com.au at the time of booking.
• Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
• Prizes must be taken as a whole and no variations can be made.
• Any additional travel arrangements not included in the prize must be made by the prize winner at the prize winner’s expense.
• Any other additional costs including food, entertainment, gifts, shopping, medical, and other paid experiences at Dreamworld and Whitewater World incurred by the prize winner is the responsibility of that prize winner.
• Once booked, any changes made to bookings may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee, at the cost to the Winner.
• Children aged under 18 years must travel with a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the travel period.
• Prizes are not transferrable and cannot be redeemed, exchanged or sold for cash.
• The retail value of each prize is $420.00 each (inclusive of GST).
• The total maximum retail value of the prizes in this competition is $2,940.00 (inclusive of GST).
12. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner.
13. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
14. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
15. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
Draw and notification:
16. The prize winners will be selected by electronic random draw at APN Newspapers Pty Ltd offices, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006 at 10:00am (AEST) Monday January 11, 2016. The prize will be awarded following winner validation and verification by telephone and confirmation email/letter. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in each newspaper publication on Wednesday January 13, 2016 (listing below). All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
• Gympie Times
• Sunshine Coast Daily
• The Chronicle
• Warwick Daily News
• The Northern Star
• The Daily Examiner
17. Prizes must be claimed in person from the Newspaper publication the winners have entered through unless winner is otherwise advised and Government issued photo ID is required. The winners will be provided with instructions as to how the winner can claim their prize and establish his/her entitlement to the prize. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize. All prizes (unless otherwise specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
Uncollected Prize redraw:
18. Should the prizes not be claimed, the Promoter will conduct an unclaimed prize redraw by random draw at APN Newspaper Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006 at 10:00am on Monday February 1, 2016. The Winner/s will be contacted by telephone and email.
19. The Contestant grants these rights to the Promoter which are perpetual and acknowledges that the Contestant will not receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether monetary or otherwise) from the Promoter in connection with the making, use or storage of the Content.
20. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), subject to any relevant lotteries and gaming authority regulations, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
Promoter limitation of responsibility and liability
21. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
i) Any error, omission, interruption or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by The Promoter or any Contestant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
ii) Any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications;
iii) Any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
iv) Any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise);
v) Any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the Prize.
23. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. If for any reason any element of the Prize becomes available or not capable of being delivered to the Winner for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter will have no obligation to provide a similar prize to the Winner or otherwise compensate the Winner in any way.
24. All Contestants enter the competition at their own risk and the Winner accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (“the Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for and indemnify the Promoter in respect of any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Contestant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including, without limitation:
i) Any indirect, economic or consequential loss;
ii) Any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
iii) Any liability for personal injury or death.
25. All Contestants consent, by entering the Competition to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without compensation, financial or otherwise, for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products and services.
Privacy Disclosure and Consent to use Information:
26. The Contestant acknowledges and permits the Promoter during and after the Competition to:
• Collect, store, handle, access, manage, transfer, uses and disclose personal information about the Contestant, including name, suburb, age and image, in connection with the Content. This includes transmission outside of Australia.
• The Contestant may revoke its consent to this clause at any time upon written notice to the Promoter, however existing uses of the images and recordings will not be impacted by this revocation or withdrawal of consent;
• Contact the Contestant for any reason related to the Competition or other activities of the Promoter.