Terms and Conditions: APN Newspapers Pty Ltd – Win a Week at Rae’s on Wategos
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Method of entry: To enter, Contestants must collect from their local newspaper (listed below), one (1) token published each day between Saturday November 22, 2014 and Saturday December 20, 2014. Contestants must also collect the entry form, which will be published each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday during the four (4) week promotion. The tokens and entry forms must be original newsprint, no photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will be accepted.
Please note: 2 tokens and 1 entry form constitute 1 full eligible entry.
Contestants must place the completed entry form along with the two (2) tokens in an envelope addressed to APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, Win a Week at Rae’s at Wategos, with your name and address on the back; then:
• Send to: Byron Bay Dream Holiday, Locked Bag 4, MILTON QLD 4064
Contestants may enter more than once, however, are eligible to win only one prize.
Tokens and Entry Forms will be available from the following newspapers:
• Fraser Coast Chronicle
• The Observer
• The Daily Examiner
• The Gympie Times
• The Gympie Times
• The Queensland Times
• The Northern Star
• Daily Mercury
• The Morning Bulletin
• Sunshine Cost Daily
• Warwick Daily News
• There is one (1) major prize package, which consists of the following:
• 1 x 7 nights accommodation for four (4) people at Rae’s on Wategos in an Ocean View Penthouse, valued at $9660.
• 1 x $3000 worth of Rae’s credit that can be used at the restaurant and spa and any other services that Rae’s offer.
• 1 x $4000 Flight Centre Voucher to be used for flights and car hire.
• 1 x $500 fuel card.
• Total maximum value of the major prize package is $17,160 (inclusive of GST)
• Booking of accommodation is the responsibility of the winner and will be subject to availability and supplier Terms and Conditions.
• Cancellation fees may apply and are the responsibility of the winner.
• Fees may apply for adjustment to accommodation dates and is the responsibility of the winner.
• Booking of flights and car hire are the responsibility of the winner and may be subject to availability, supplier terms and conditions, fees for cancellation or alteration to departure dates, car hire dates may apply.
• Apart from what Rae’s on Wategos provides with the $3000 credit provided at the resort, all other incidental costs are the responsibility of the winner.
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
3. Competition duration:
The competition commences at the following dates and times:
• 12:01am (AEST) Saturday November 22, 2014
• 1:01am (AEDT) Saturday November 22, 2014
The competition closes at the following dates/times:
• 11:59pm (AEST) Saturday December 20, 2014
• 12:59pm (AEDT) Sunday December 21, 2014
Entries received after the closure dates/times will not be eligible.
4. Eligibility limitations: Contestants who are under 18 years of age must have parent/guardian consent to enter the competition. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: The prize winners will be selected by random draw at APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006 at 11:00am on Tuesday 6 January 2015 (AEST) and at 12:00pm (AEDT) and prizes awarded following winner validation and verification. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Winner’s details will be published in each news publication on Friday 9 January 2015. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless winner is otherwise advised and ID that includes a photograph may be required. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms. All prizes when specified must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: APN Newspapers Pty Ltd
ABN 95 008 637 643
NSW Permit No. LTPS/14/09435