TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Northern Star – Win a $5 Scratchie with the Weekend Crossword
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants must be aged 18+ years at the time of entry to be eligible.
- Contestants must reside in the Northern Star distribution area to be eligible to enter.
- The Promoter is Northern Star Ltd, 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480,
Telephone: 02) 6620 0500. ABN 43 000 011 174. Permit NSW/LTPM/16/00778.
- To enter, Contestants must collect the entry form and crossword published in the Northern Star newspaper Saturday September 3, 2016.
- The entry form and crossword must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The entry form and crossword must be completed in full and placed in an envelope addressed to Northern Star – Win a $5 Scratchie with the Weekend Crossword; then:
- Send to: PO Box 423, Lismore NSW 2480, NSW 2480; or
- Deliver to: 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry.
- One original entry form and crossword per standard envelope.
- While entry is free, the cost of delivering or posting entries is the responsibility of the contestant.
- One (1) Scratchie ticket to be won for the first randomly drawn and correctly completed Crossword, retail value of $5.00 (inclusive of GST).
- The total maximum prize pool is $5.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any Variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences Saturday September 3, 2016 and closes at 10:00am Friday September 9, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winner will be selected in a random draw at the Northern Star office, 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah, NSW 2480 at 10:05am Friday September 9, 2016 and prizes awarded following winner validation, correct crossword entry and verification. Winner will be contacted by telephone.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be published in the Northern Star on Saturday September 10, 2016.
- All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person unless Winner is otherwise advised and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm winner identify and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- All prizes must be picked up within 90 days of notification. Prizes not collected after 90 days from notification will be entered into a redraw for uncollected prizes and a random draw and correct crossword entry will determine another winner as per these Terms and Conditions.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
24. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
25. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
26. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
27. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
29. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.