4. a). employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate; and
5. b). the spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household).
6. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
7. Competition commences Wednesday April 20, 2011 and closes 11.59 pm (AEST) on Tuesday April 3, 2011 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received after closure of the Promotion Period will not be eligible.
8. To enter, participants must enter via the online entry form and answer in 25 words or less, “Why would you like to see this movie?” Contestants may submit more than one entry but any Contestant may only win one of the prizes.
9. Any form of automated electronic entry or any entry that does not meet the entry requirements will be deemed invalid and not counted as a valid entry.
10. All entry times are considered as the time the entry is received by the Promoter’s database.
11. The prize is one of 140 double in-season movie passes to see Water for Elephants, the movie valued at approximately $3500 including GST.
12. Prize winners will be responsible for any incidental costs associated with the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prizes or any unused portion of a prize are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
13. This is a game of skill and the prize winners will be selected by their answers to the question in item 8. Judging will take place at 2pm on Wednesday May 4 at the Promoter’s office, Level 3, 33 Park Road, Milton QLD 4064.
14. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The prize winner’s names will be published on all the websites through which you entered this competition. Winners will need to collect their prize from the masthead office or if agreed by the Promoter by arrangement at another location. In-season passes are valid from May 12, 2011 for the entire theatrical season. If a winner cannot accept the Prize as stipulated, the winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the next best valid entry. If there are insufficient entrants for all Prizes then the Promoter may at its discretion withdraw the unclaimed/un-awarded prizes. All prize winners acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his / her name, character and likeness. All prize winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the prize winner.
16. Upon request by the Promoter a copy of these conditions of entry and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate his/her understanding and acceptance of these terms.
17. If for any reason the competition is not capable of running as planned including (but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the Promoter’s control which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, we are entitled in our sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
18. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner or use of any prize. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
19. By entering this competition you agree to allow the Promoter and its partners in this promotion to contact you for any future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
20. The Promoter collects your personal information to include you in this competition and will disclose the information to others who help us run the competition. We may also use the information to assist us and our related bodies corporate in improving our goods and services and to contact you in the future in regard to our other goods and services. We may share your information with other persons or entities that assist us in performing the above or with another company which provides prizes for the competition. You can contact us to gain access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, APN Online Cnr Newspaper Place and Dalton Drive, Maroochydore 4558.
21. The Promoter is APN Online (Australia) Pty Limited ABN 93 119 243 944, Level 3, 33 Park Road, Milton QLD 4064. Phone (07) 5523 6232.