Featured on Julia Zemiro's Home Delivery in May 2020, Julia showed the audience through this charming country estate. Situated privately in an exclusive area in Terranora originally known from 1921 as Ocean View Farm that later became Ocean View Estate.
Located on a private ridge, nestled amongst established English cottage gardens, vegetable and fruit trees, you'll enjoy the best of both country, ocean and river views from this timeless English style manor.
Drive through grand double gates onto a circular driveway and enjoy total privacy from this executive, North facing country retreat with expansive rural views to the coast.
From the front double stained glass doors and soaring ceiling be amazed by the craftsmanship of the timber staircase that spirals to the top level of the home, with curved timber handrail and red wool carpet with brass fixtures. Houses of this quality build are rare.
Multiple open plan sitting areas are located throughout the home and each enjoy uninterrupted views across the country and out to the ocean. This character filled home is extremely comfortable and oozes style.
A classic bespoke Country style cedar kitchen with beautiful backlit stained glass cupboards, stone benches and Smeg country freestanding stove. Walk onto the wide covered verandah and wisteria covered pergola area overlooking the stunning Edna Walling style gardens, drystone walls and infinity edgeswimming pool.
The upstairs bathrooms are bespoke featuring Italian carrara marble tiles and marble basins and Venetian glass mirrors. The laundry has been renovated with country tiles and marble features with large porcelain butlers sink.
Built with wrap around verandahs, the home not only has ample space to entertain, it is warm in winter and cool in summer due to its orientation and design. There is a freestanding combustion fireplace in the living room and air conditioners throughout the house. There is also a back to base security system.
This unique property truly provides a lifestyle to be envied offering an elevated position and stunning expansive rural views and complete privacy and peace. It is an opportunity to enjoy complete tranquillity and privacy which can never be built out. A peaceful rural lifestyle which is only 5 minutes to Lindisfarne the best private school on the coast and the famous Husk Distillery.
There are extensive productive vegetable gardens complete with a chicken coop and room for a pony. Terranora soil is volcanic and extremely fertile. There are established citrus, macadamia, pecan, chocolate fruit, lemon myrtle, mangoes and mulberry trees. There are also plenty of gardenias, azaleas, camellias, star jasmine, wisteria and a stunning magnolia plus impressive rock walls.
Stand Out Features Include:
• Private and extremely peaceful in Terranora's most sought-after street
• Situated on 2 hectares, 4.9 acres of terraced land with fruit trees, veggie gardens, swimming pool with infinity edge glass and a double garage size shed.
• Bursting with charm the home boasts multiple light filled living zones; for formal and informal family entertaining
• Beautiful timber staircase with feature chandelier will greet guests at the entrance
• Large master suite with spectacular views, air conditioning, walk through robe to brand new bespoke ensuite
• Two additional large, air-conditioned bedrooms upstairs designed to enjoy the views
• Downstairs bathroom is country style with checkerboard tiles and claw foot bath.
Where To From Here:
• Short walk to Lindisfarne Grammar School
• Short walk to Terranora Primary School
• Five minutes to the famous Husk Distillery
• Short walk to The Pavilions Market Place including Cafes, Restaurants, Supermarket, Medical facilities & more!
• 2 minute drive to local sporting facilities including the Terranora Tennis Club & Bilambil Sporting Complex
• 5 minute drive to the Riverside village of Tumbulgum
• 10 minutes to the beautiful beaches of Kingscliff, Fingal Head and the Tweed Coast
• 10 minute drive to the Murwillumbah CBD with beautiful arts precinct and World Heritage National Parks
• 15 minute drive to the Tweed Heads CBD
• 15 minute drive to World Famous Southern Gold Coast Beaches
• 15 minute drive to Gold Coast International Airport
• 45 minute drive to Surfers Paradise
• 45 minute drive to Byron Bay