Terms and Conditions
Northern Star – Bingo with the Star
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants who are aged under 18 years of age must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Promoter is Northern Star Ltd, 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah NSW 2480. ABN 43 000 011 174. Permit NSW/ LTPM/16/04005.
To enter, contestants must collect the entry form the following newsagents and Northern Star offices as listed below:
- Goonellabah News
- Scotts@Molesworth Street
- Ballina News
- Alstonville News
- Casino West News
Northern Star offices as listed:
- Byron Bay.
- Entry forms must be original newsprint.
- Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
- The entry form must be completed in full and either placed in the sealed entry box at the above newsagents or the northern star offices.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, however a contestant can only win once.
- One original entry form per standard envelope.
- Entry is free
- There will be one (1) winner chosen by random draw from entries received at each of the nine (9) listed entry venues (refer clause 6). The winners will receive:
- One (1) Essentials Gift Card for $20 retail value (inclusive of GST
- Terms and Conditions for the Essential Gift Cards are located at: www.everydaygiftcards.com.au
- The Gift Cards are valid until the date indicated on the gift card.
- Vouchers that are lost or stolen after delivery to the winner will not be replaced.
- The winner must collect their Voucher no late than 5:00pm June 24, 2016 to avoid expiry.
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $180.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be exchanged or sold or redeemed for cash.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences on Saturday July 9, 2016 and closes 12:0at 10:00am Friday August 7, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected in a random draw of entries from each site listed at clause 6 at the Northern Star office, 793 Ballina Road, Goonellabah, NSW 2480 at 3:00pm Friday August 5, 2016 and the prize awarded following winner validation and verification. The winners will be contacted by telephone and in writing.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be published in the Northern Star public notices section of the newspaper on Saturday August 6, 2016.
- Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prizes must be claimed in person and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm winner identify and residential address.
- Any winner must complete a Competition Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
- Contestants under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian to collect the prize on their behalf.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
- Prizes that remain uncollected 90 days after
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
28. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier.
29. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
30. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
31. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
33. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.