MEN and women covered head to toe in blue and white chemical suits have been using special vacuum cleaners to pick up dust and asbestos particles in Lennox Head this morning.
The crews are cleaning up along the streets of the coastal village and common areas after a tornado ripped through the town early yesterday morning.
Emergency crews say the aim is to have all the asbestos cleaned up today before the particles dry into dust form, becoming more dangerous to residents.
- Origin side to visit storm-ravaged town
- Lennox asbestos clean up underway
- Tornado hit town to get disaster aid
- Bureau dampens chances of repeat
- Examining the anatomy of a tornado
- Teenager tracks tornado's path
- Flooded roads delay motorists
- Tornado demolishes Trevor's dream
- Safest hiding place was the toilet
- Tornado victims may miss assistance
- NSW tornado 'just the beginning'
- Flash flooding expected on Coast
- Weather carnage fears lurk over Coffs
- Lismore weather warning issued
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.