Entertainment

Concierge blame hotel for Kim Kardashian West's robbery

Bang ShowBiz

THE on-duty concierge at Hôtel de Pourtalès has blamed the establishment's lack of up-to-date security for Kim Kardashian West's gun-point robbery earlier this month.

Abdulrahman - whose surname is being kept private over fears for his safety - has found himself at the centre of the £8.5 million heist as he was the only guard working in the hotel in Paris, France, when the 35-year-old reality TV star was gagged and robbed at around 2:30am on October 3, but he has claimed the prestigious resort is at fault for the shocking incident as it had no proper cameras or refreshed security codes.

Speaking exclusively to MailOnline, Abdulrahman - who is a father of two - said: "There was no real security at all. It's a choice. The hotel doesn't mind about security. We told them years and years before, you have to make a camera, you have to put [in place] a security process, about keys. Nothing was locked, there was no proper security there."

The concierge has claimed him and other members of staff had been on at managers for "years" to change pin for the front door out of fear that "someone might die".

He explained: "I told the hotel years ago, you need better security and they didn't mind. If you look at that big door, it wasn't locked, it was open. We talked about it and nobody cared. The code of the door was never changed and everybody knew it. There is a camera in the main wall of the hotel, behind the [front] doors, but it didn't work."

And it's now been revealed that the code for the front door still hasn't been changed, despite the frightening armed robbery taking place over two weeks ago.

Abdulrahman - whose identity has been kept under wraps since the incident due to the nature of the ongoing investigation - was left fearing for his life when he was cuffed and marched to Kim's hotel room with a gun to his head during the attack.

He said: "Immediately afterwards, I was very angry, and the first one I blamed was the hotel,' he said. 'They are responsible, I think. And I still blame them now.

"I told them, 'Look what you did! What I told you for six years? Security cameras and other things are meant for days like today, to prevent these things from happening. If you have good guards, electronic systems to lock the doors, it can be possible to secure the hotel. One day, someone might be killed. That is more important than a robbery of rocks and metal.' "

However, the hotel management have reportedly argued that they deliberately chose not to install CCTV to protect the privacy of their wealthy guests.

Kim - who is still trying to come to terms with the incident - was also cuffed, gagged and tied up on the floor of her room's bathroom while the armed robbers snatched her expensive jewellery - including her £3.5m engagement ring from Kanye West.

Her bodyguard - who is also involved in the investigation - was out protecting her sister Kourtney Kardashian when the incident took place in the early hours.

An instructing judge is now leading more than 100 judicial police and officers from the Paris criminal brigade in the hope of catching the five-man gang.

The criminals will face charges of armed robbery by an organised gang, criminal conspiracy and kidnapping, which could lead to a sentence of at least 30 years.

Inmates sentenced to life in the European country are required to serve a safety period of at least 18 to 22 years before they can become eligible for early release.

Topics:  kim kardashian west robbery



Angry witness throws coffee at barrister during trial

A Lismore District Court trial descended into chaos this week.

He was fidgety and complained about being questioned before outburst

Fury over new mobile tower: 'It's not going to work'

Work has started on a controversial new mobile phone tower at Bentley.

UPDATE: Telstra says its community consultation was 'rigorous'.

Man refuses to clean up after using asbestos in new driveway

Council investigated after complaints about noise, dust

Local Partners

Man refuses to clean up after using asbestos in new driveway

A 70-YEAR-OLD man has received a hefty fine after council investigated the matter following complaints about noise and dust.


GALLERY: Summer meltdown with wrestling show

Apollo, the heavyweight champion of the International Wrestling Australia (IWA Pro Wrestling) which will bring its Summer Melt Down Tour to Evans Head in January 2017.

ORGANISERS have promised body-slamming, bone-crunching entertainment

Ten fantastic things to do on the Northern Rivers

CIRCUS ARTS: Superheroes and Supervillains will battle at out at the end of year show.

Superheroes, carols, dance parties and golf this week

Kernaghan's a 'boy from the bush' with a timeless quality

Country music singer Lee Kernaghan.

Lee Kernaghan is celebrating the 25th year of his breakthrough song.

How predictable are your Netflix habits?

Stranger Things is taking the world by storm as a new-age nostalgic Sci-Fi Thriller

The new entertainment binging pattern

Kanye West is on the mend now he's back from hospital

Kanye West is more relaxed since returning home from hospital

WATCH: The young Aussie actor playing Barack Obama

A screenshot of the trailer for Barry, a new film from Netflix.

Aussie teen nails Obama's early university years

Boy George named as a coach on The Voice Australia

Iconic pop star Boy George is to appear as a coach on 'The Voice'

The first Baywatch trailer is here, and it's hilarious

From left, Jon Bass, Alex Daddario, Zac Efron, Dwayne Johnson, Kelly Rohrbach, and Ilfenesh Hadera in a scene from the movie Baywatch.

DWAYNE Johnson and Zac Efron star in TV series reboot.

Sir Mick Jagger a dad again at 73

Mick Jagger... dad again at 73

Ageing rocker obviously still getting Satisfaction

INSIDE STORY: The highlights of your $150 million CBD

GRAND PLAN: The highlights of the Ipswich CBD redevelopment and where they will be located.

Work on city heart's radical transformation to begin next year

VOTE IN OUR POLL: Sand mine opponents face serious dilemma

Public meeting for the proposed sand mine at Maroochydore last week.

Coast MP calls on Minister to stop KRA proposal with stroke of a pen

Developer's grand new multi-million dollar estate

NEW ESTATE: This is the only plan revealed by the property developer's new Billabongs Estate in Agnes Water.

DEVELOPER given the go ahead for a massive estate with 149 homes.

Banks reclaim Gladstone homes as job losses bite

LONG FALL: Property experts Heron Todd say, based on key market indicators, Gladstone is still travelling to the bottom of the market, with property prices set to get cheaper.

Property valuers say Gladstone housing market hasn't hit the bottom

The million dollar property to test Mackay's market

This Victoria St building will go to auction Tuesday and investors will be watching closely to see how much it sells for.

'High profile architect designed CBD asset' goes to auction

Ready to SELL your property?

Post Your Ad Here!